Purpose of User Database
These are the main uses of Bitocto collecting your data, but are not limited to these only.
- Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Comply with legal and secure business practices
- Verification and screening purposes
- Investigation for miscellaneous activities carried on our platform
- Marketing activities (i.e. lucky draw, seminars/events) for Bitocto
- Informative changes/updates on our services
- Provide personalized and better customer service
- Respond to enquiries or requests (i.e. change of personal data)
- Keep track of complaints/problems/issues to resolve and improve our services
- Conduct market research and trends in our company
- Contact you should the need arise
- Any other necessary purpose of data collection that was informed to you
Information You Provide to Us
We acquire user database upon registration/sign up, verification process, Activating Google Authenticator, depositing/withdrawing in both Rupiah (IDR) and any form of Cryptocurrency, providing customer service or feedback, completing any type of forms from Bitocto (i.e. surveys) and any other occasions when Bitocto communicates with you as our user.
- During registration as a new user, we require your personal data such as your full name, email, username, password and phone number.
- We highly encourage users to activate Google Authenticator for extra security measures. Hence in this process, we require you to install Google Authenticator from Playstore for Androids or the Apple Store for iOS. To install and activate your Google Authenticator, we will not collect any information submitted to the app (Playstore/Apple Store/Google Authenticator) as this third party collects your data. Bitocto will provide the QR for you to scan to get your OTP code to finalize your Google Authenticator setup. After you have completed the setup, upon every login and withdrawals (Rupiah (IDR) and Cryptocurrency), you must input your Google Authenticator PIN into our website.
- To verify your account, Bitocto reserves the rights to ask you to submit your personal data for us to collect and review your account. This includes but is not limited to documents such as a valid government issued identity documents (i.e.. ID Card/Driver’s License/Passport), a photograph of yourself holding your identity document or a sign that reads “Verification of Bitocto Account” or “Verifikasi Akun Bitocto.com” with your full name and signature on it.
- Information provided by you to any of our Bitocto’s communication channels (i.e. application, Bitocto’s social medias)
- Other valid/legal documentation or information reasonably requested by us for Bitocto to comply with regulations, any uses of collaborating with other businesses to enhance our services for users, and to resolve any legal disputes.
Information Automatically Acquired
Below are the some of the data that are automatically collected when you access our website from any device.
- We collect and store transaction details from your Bitocto Account such as your trade activity and history, balances, deposits, and any other transactions successfully and unsuccessfully conducted through our services
- We receive your information through standard server logs when you use our services. This includes user activity sessions such as the time you access and exit our website, what type of browser you use, your IP address, etc.
- We may collect information that identifies your location through your IP address when you access our services
- If you have not done any default changes to your browser cookies or local storage, we may extract information from your web browser. Should you wish to change this default setting, it may disrupt our services to you and hinder us from providing you our full features/services
- What type of device you use to access our services including the hardware model, operating system and version, browser version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and IP addresses automatically informs us
Requests to Change Your Data or Close Account
Should you request to make changes on your data, we will conduct identity verification standard operating procedure prior to changing your data. Thus we may ask for your personal data such as full name, date of birth, phone number, address, and any other necessary information.
To close your account, we may contact you directly through phone or email to double check your identity and conduct standard operating procedures. We will only close your account after confirming with you through phone/email, as this action cannot be reversed. Your information may not be completely deleted from our database, as we have to keep track of transaction histories/activities for record of ethical business purposes. Your information from cached or archived copies may not be removed immediately.
We may collect information from other sources/third parties to help us run crosschecks and to do our part in verifying your account. For example, in the case of our verification process, we may do screening through third party sources to revise your account and check if the data you have provided is indeed valid; or in cases such as to prevent fraud/scams/money laundering, we may work with third parties to investigate any misuse of our platform and or miscellaneous transactions.
Bitocto takes measures and responsibilities to provide our users a secure platform. However, please keep in mind that nothing online is entirely guaranteed to be 100% secure. We require you to submit necessary data for us to conduct ethical business practices and abide by the legislations. Bitocto will not disclose your personal data to the public, as the information collected will only be treated as confidential unless otherwise to improve our services for you through third parties.
Effective: 1st May 2018